There’s something particularly comforting about a dish that brings together two simple, everyday ingredients: rice and eggs.
This unassuming duo creates a culinary marriage that is nutritious, delicious, and remarkably flexible, offering a diverse range of possibilities for creativity in the kitchen.
Perfect for a quick breakfast, a satisfying lunch, or a hassle-free dinner, this recipe’s versatility can cater to a busy schedule or those lazy weekend moments when you want to whip up something tasty in no time. Let’s journey together into the delightful world of rice and eggs!
Recipe: How to Make Rice And Eggs?
Follow to directions below to learn the recipe.
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of water
- 2 large eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Optional: finely chopped spring onions for garnish
- Cook the Rice: Begin by rinsing the rice under cold water until the water runs clear. This step is crucial for removing excess starch and preventing a sticky end product. After rinsing, add the rice to a medium-sized pot, pour in the two cups of water, and sprinkle in a pinch of salt. Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the rice simmer for about 18-20 minutes, or until the water is completely absorbed and the rice is tender. Once done, remove it from the heat and let it rest, covered, for about 5 minutes.
- Fry the Eggs: It’s time to prepare your eggs while the rice is cooking. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them until the yolk and white are well combined. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to your preference. In a non-stick pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, pour in the eggs and gently stir until they are softly scrambled. You may cook them longer if you prefer your scrambled eggs well done.
- Combine and Serve: Lastly, combine the cooked rice and scrambled eggs. You can do this in the pan or a separate serving dish. Mix gently until the eggs are evenly distributed throughout the rice. For a final touch of color and freshness, garnish with some finely chopped spring onions, if desired.
There you have it – a simple, satisfying, and easy-to-make dish that combines the humble yet deliciously paired rice and eggs. Whether you’re a beginner in the kitchen or a seasoned home chef, this recipe will surely become a staple in your repertoire. Bon appétit!
How to Make Fried Rice Without Eggs And Soy Sauce?
Follow to directions below to learn the recipe.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 2-3 portions
- 2 cups of cooked rice (preferably leftover rice for better texture)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (carrots, bell peppers, green peas)
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (optional – if you are vegetarian or allergic, skip this)
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce (ensure it’s a gluten-free version if needed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional for garnish)
- If you’re using freshly cooked rice, spread it on a tray and let it cool to room temperature. If you’re using leftover rice, you’re already one step ahead!
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and diced onions. Sauté until they turn slightly golden and you can smell their aroma wafting up.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the skillet and cook until they are tender. This should take around 5-7 minutes.
- Now it’s time to add the rice to the skillet. Break any clumps and ensure the rice is well spread out. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet. Stir thoroughly to ensure every grain of rice is coated with these flavorful sauces.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper according to your preference. The sauces already have salt, so go easy on additional salt.
- Toss in the sliced green onions. Give the mixture a good stir, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Your fried rice without eggs and soy sauce is ready!
- Garnish the fried rice with fresh cilantro if you like.
Egg-Fried Rice Ingredients
Fried rice is one of the best dishes of rice. However, you require different ingredients to complete the recipe. The ingredients are:
- Cooking oil
- Cooked rice
- Vegetables: carrots, onion, frozen peas, capsicum, and green onions.
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
To learn how to make rice and eggs, follow all the steps discussed in this blog post. In addition, the blog post covers some other essential elements while you’re preparing the recipe.
So, try out the recipe and share your feedback with us. If you want to enjoy more recipes, stay in touch with us.
Do you add egg before or after rice?
Are egg and rice a good combination?
Can you put an egg in the rice while cooking?
How do you eat rice with raw eggs?
Can rice be eaten with eggs?
What does adding an egg to rice do?
Is fried rice and eggs healthy?
Can you cook eggs on top of rice?