If you’re looking for an easy but delicious meal that will tickle your taste buds, You’ve come to the right platform.
The chicken tenders BBQ easy recipe will satisfy all of your cravings. BBQ chicken tenders are ideal for organizing a weekend dinner, an everyday meal, or just looking for an easy snack.
In this article, we’ll guide you through simple steps to make this delectable dish that will have your loved ones begging for more.
So, let’s fire the grills and prepare for a flavorful adventure that will leave you craving more.
BBQ Chicken Tenders in Oven Recipe
Here is the BBQ chicken tenders recipe:
For The Chicken Tenders:
- 1 pound (450g) chicken tenders or chicken breast strips
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For The Coating:
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
The following are the simple steps to make oven-baked BBQ chicken tenders:
Step 1: Prepare The BBQ Marinade
- Combine the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper barbecue sauce in a mixing bowl to make the BBQ marinade.
- Mix everything thoroughly. You will marinate the chicken in this mixture.
Step 2: Marinate The Chicken
- Put the chicken tenders in a shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag to marinate the chicken.
- Pour half of the BBQ marinade over the chicken tenders and save half for later.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the dish to be marinated. Seal the bag or cover the dish.
- Marinate for two to four hours or overnight for even more flavour.
Step 3: Coat The Chicken Tenders
- Combine the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. You’ll use this to coat the chicken tenders.
- Dip each marinated chicken tender into the mixture of breadcrumbs and then press onto the chicken to ensure the breadcrumbs stick. Put the coated tenders on the baking sheet.
Step 4: Bake The Chicken Tenders
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- Place the prepared baking sheet with the coated chicken tenders in the oven.
- Bake the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes or until it is thoroughly cooked and the coating is golden. The chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Brush the chicken tenders with the remaining BBQ sauce during the final 5 minutes of baking.
Step 5: Serve The BBQ Chicken Tenders
- After taking the BBQ chicken tenders out of the oven, allow them to cool for a few seconds.
- Serve them hot with your preferred sides or dipping sauces.
Enjoy the juicy baked BBQ chicken tenders in the oven! They are excellent for a snack, appetizer or main course.
BBQ Chicken Tenders in The Air Fryer
Here are the ingredients for air fryer BBQ chicken tenders:
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Cooking spray (for the air fryer basket)
- For around 5 minutes, preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small dish, combine breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Stir thoroughly to make your coating mixture.
- Make sure each chicken tender is thoroughly coated with the BBQ sauce by dipping it in.
- After that, roll the chicken in the mixture of breadcrumbs, carefully pressing to adhere the coating to the chicken.
- To keep the air fryer basket from sticking, sprinkle it with cooking spray.
- Put the coated chicken tenders in the basket of the preheated air fryer in a single layer. For even cooking, be sure to leave a little space between them.
- In the air fryer, cook the chicken tenders for 10 to 12 minutes at 375°F (190°C), flipping them over halfway through. With an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C), the tenders should be cooked thoroughly and golden brown.
- When the BBQ chicken tenders are cooked, remove them from the air fryer and set them aside to rest for a few seconds.
- If preferred, serve them hot with additional BBQ sauce for dipping.
Enjoy your crispy and tasty air-fried BBQ chicken tenders!
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Tenders image
The following are the ingredients to make BBQ chicken tenders in the crockpot:
- 1.5 pounds (680g) chicken tenders
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To avoid sticking, start by putting non-stick cooking spray inside your crockpot.
- Mix BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl. This will be your flavorful sauce for the chicken.
- In the crockpot, put the chicken tenders in a single layer. You can stack them if necessary, but keep them as evenly spaced as possible.
- Over the chicken tenders, evenly spread the BBQ sauce mixture. Make sure the sauce is all over the chicken.
- Put the lid on the crockpot and set the timer for 4-5 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high. Check if the food is done because your crockpot’s cooking time may differ.
- The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and be tender and easy to shred.
- Shred the cooked, tender chicken into smaller pieces in the crock pot using two forks. Although this step is optional, it helps the chicken absorb more of the delicious BBQ sauce.
- Serve the grilled BBQ chicken tenders with your favourite side dishes, over rice, or on buns for sandwiches.
Enjoy your succulent and tasty BBQ chicken tenders from the crockpot!
Homemade Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders image
The recipe for homemade honey BBQ chicken tenders is mentioned below:
- 1 pound of chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cooking spray (for baking)
- Optional: breadcrumbs for extra crispiness
- Set the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Combine the BBQ sauce and honey in a bowl. To make your honey BBQ sauce, mix well. Taste and adjust the barbecue sauce or honey to get the right sweetness and tanginess.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a separate bowl.
- You can dip your chicken tenders in breadcrumbs after dipping them in egg wash if you want them to be extra crispy. This step is optional.
- Take each chicken tender and thoroughly cover it with the honey BBQ sauce. Make sure the sauce is well covered on it.
- After that, roll the covered chicken tender in the flour mixture to coat it thoroughly.
- Put the coated chicken tenders on a baking sheet covered with foil or parchment paper.
- For perfect cooking, leave a little space between each tender.
- Apply the cooking spray lightly to the tops of the chicken tenders.
- Bake the tenders in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken tenders are cooked, and the coating is crispy and golden brown.
- You can reheat leftover honey BBQ sauce on the stovetop or microwave oven while the chicken tenders are baking. You can dip in this sauce.
- When the chicken tenders are done, remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- Serve the homemade honey BBQ chicken tenders with additional sauce on the side for dipping.
With our chicken tenders BBQ easy recipe for “How to make BBQ chicken tenders,” you can enhance your grilling game and impress your loved ones.
It’s more than just a culinary task to perfect the skill of making delicious BBQ chicken tenders; it’s a journey that brings people together over the mouthwatering tastes of smokey, tender, and juicy chicken.
It’s a recipe that guarantees satisfaction and brings people together around the allure of outstanding barbeque.
Learn how to make BBQ chicken tenders for a flavour explosion at home with our Top Recipes!
The number of calories in a chicken tender can vary, typically around 40-50 calories per tender.
Depending on size and preparation, three grilled chicken tenders contain between 120 and 150 calories.
Depending on the packaging and serving size, Tyson BBQ chicken tenders may have between 170 and 200 calories per serving.
Due to the frying procedure, fried BBQ chicken tenders can have much higher calories, often 200–250 calories per tender.
The calorie content of grilled chicken tenders on a BBQ is usually similar to ordinary grilled chicken tenders, which range from 40 to 50 calories per tender.
Although the calorie count of BBQ chicken tenders can vary, they typically include 40–50 calories per tender, like usual grilled chicken tenders.
Depending on size and breading, three pieces of fried chicken tenders could have anywhere between 600 and 750 calories.
Depending on size and preparation, two fried chicken tenders may have 80 to 100 calories.
Chicken tenders can be high in calories if they are fried or heavily breaded, while grilled tenders are a leaner alternative.
One BBQ chicken breast typically contains 150–200 calories per 4-ounce serving, though this might vary.
Chicken tenders may be considered less healthy if they are fried or have a lot of breading. Tenders that have been grilled are healthier.
Use high heat, marinate the chicken before grilling, and watch it carefully to prevent overcooking to keep the meat soft.
When grilling chicken, brush BBQ sauce on it in the final few minutes to avoid burning.
Depending on thickness, grilling chicken breasts takes 6 to 8 minutes per side.
To keep chicken tenders moist during baking, you can cover them, but it’s not always required.
Avoid overcooking chicken when preparing it for tenderness, and use brines or marinades to add flavour and moisture.
Use a meat thermometer, marinade or brine the chicken, and watch it carefully to prevent drying it while grilling.
To avoid burning and to allow the sauce to caramelize, it is ideal to brush barbecue sauce on the chicken after it has been grilled.
Depending on whether you prefer basting or marinating, you can apply sauce to the chicken before or after the BBQ.
Chicken tenders should be floured, dipped in egg wash, and breadcrumb-coated to help the breading adhere.
Avoid overcooking chicken tenders, and add moisture with marinades or brines to prevent drying out.
You can cook chicken with BBQ sauce on both sides but not burn it.
If the breading absorbs too much moisture or the chicken is overcooked, baked chicken tenders may become tough.
You can enhance the flavour of BBQ sauce by including ingredients like honey, garlic, or spices.
BBQ sauce can be used as a topping or glaze on cooked meats; it doesn’t need to be prepared separately.