Are you craving for a Margherita Pizza?
You don’t need to visit your favourite pizzeria to enjoy Margherita Pizza, as now you can quickly learn how to make Margherita Pizza at home.
Imagine the aroma of freshly baked dough in the comfort of your own kitchen, the vibrant bursting of tomato sauce, and the melting mozzarella wrapped in every bite.
The correct combination of Margherita pizza toppings, a delicious Margherita dough recipe, a light and flavorful sauce, and an alternate like a Margherita flatbread pizza will help you improve your culinary skills and enjoy this Italian classic anytime you crave.
Furthermore, you don’t need to worry about Margherita pizza calories; when you make it yourself, you have complete control over the ingredients, making it a healthier indulgence.
Let’s dive in to learn how to make the perfect Margherita pizza in your own home!
Simple Margherita Pizza Recipe
The famous Italian classic Margherita Pizza is a culinary masterpiece that satisfies taste buds with its simple structure and tasty ingredients.
The vibrant toppings of this pizza, named after the Italian queen Margherita, reflect the three colors of the Italian flag: fresh basil leaves for green, creamy mozzarella for white, and juicy tomato slices for red.
Moreover, the sauce is the main ingredient that gives the Margherita Pizza its rich tomato flavor.
Margherita Pizza sauce recipe is a carefully crafted concoction of ripe tomatoes, aromatic basil, fragrant garlic, and quality olive oil.
This sauce honors the essence of Italian culinary tradition while enhancing the pizza’s taste.
A bite into a piece of Margherita pizza is like enjoying a journey through time; it maintains the essence of tradition while bursting with delicious, simple flavors.
Below is the simple recipe for Margherita Pizza:
Margherita Pizza Ingredients
The following are the ingredients to make Margherita Pizza:
For The Pizza Dough:
- 2 ¼ teaspoons (1 packet) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ cup warm water (around 110°F or 45°C)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For The Topping:
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced or torn into pieces
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Margherita Pizza Recipe Steps
Here are the easy steps to make Margherita Pizza:
1: Make The Pizza Dough
- Mix the yeast, sugar, and warm water in a small bowl to make the pizza dough. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until it becomes foamy.
- Combine the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center, then add the yeast mixture and the oil.
- Mix it until a dough forms. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 to 7 minutes or until it is smooth.
- When the dough has doubled, place it in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and allow it to rise for about one to two hours.
2: Shape The Dough
After the dough has risen, punch it down and transfer it to a floured surface. Choose a round or rectangular pizza shape by rolling or stretching the dough.
3: Assemble The Pizza
- Set your oven to its maximum temperature (approximately 500°F or 260°C).
- Place the formed dough on a pizza peel or an upside-down baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal or flour. Slipping the pizza onto the hot oven surface will make it easier.
- Evenly spread the tomato sauce over the dough, leaving a thin margin for the crust at the borders.
- Spread the slices or pieces of mozzarella over the sauce.
- Sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper on top of the cheese and drizzle olive oil over it.
4: Bake The Pizza
- Carefully place the pizza on the oven’s ready pizza stone.
- Alternatively, stick the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake the pizza for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the dough is golden.
5: Serve The Margherita Pizza
- After you remove the pizza from the oven, top it with some fresh basil leaves.
- If needed, add a little extra olive oil.
- Slice and serve while the pizza is hot and the cheese is gooey.
Enjoy your homemade Margherita Pizza!
You can learn how to make Margherita Pizza with just a handful of high-quality ingredients: juicy tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, aromatic basil, and just a little olive oil.
Don’t let your initial attempts discourage you; each time you knead the dough, spread the sauce and place the toppings, your skills improve, and you get closer to making the perfect Margherita Pizza.
So, gather your loved ones, roll up your sleeves, and relish savoring a homemade Margherita pizza.
What is a Margherita pizza?
What is on a Margherita pizza?
How many calories in a Margherita pizza?
Why is it called Margherita pizza?
What is Margherita pizza sauce?