Are you ready to discover how to make Greek pizza?
This recipe of homemade Greek-style pizza not only stands in for traditional pizza as a wonderful alternative but also honours the lively tastes and rich history of Greek food.
We will walk you through every step of the Greek pizza recipe, no matter how experienced or inexperienced you are in the kitchen, ensuring that you make a delicious masterpiece that will have your family and friends begging for more.
So, grab your apron and indulge in the tempting fusion of Mediterranean flavours that make Greek pizza a culinary delight!
What is Greek Pizza?
Greek pizza is a mouthwatering culinary treat renowned for its unique and delicious flavours. This pizza’s unique qualities have gained it a loyal following, and it often relates to New England.
The best Greek pizza, represented by eateries like the famous “Mad Greek Pizza,” has a thick, chewy dough that is crispy around the edges and is generously topped with a rich tomato sauce created with a combination of herbs and spices.
Greek pizza stands out by its high-quality ingredients, which include Kalamata olives, feta cheese, red onions, and fresh oregano. Greek pizza is a favourite among pizza lovers seeking a taste of Greece in their kitchens.
When finding Greek pizza recipes, the key to this delectable dish lies in its simple yet flavorful ingredients.
Let’s go for the recipe for Greek pizza.
Greek Pizza Ingredients
The following are the ingredients of the Greek pizza recipe:
For The Pizza Dough:
- 1 packet (about 2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110°F or 43°C)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For The Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, finely grated and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped (or dried dill)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Greek Pizza Toppings
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 cup sliced red onions
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano
- Olive oil for drizzling
Greek Pizza Dough Recipe
- Mix warm water, sugar, and yeast in a small bowl. For the mixture to foam, give it around 5 to 10 minutes to sit.
- Combine salt and flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the flour mixture with the yeast mixture and the oil. Mix until dough forms.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for 5 to 7 minutes or until it is elastic and smooth.
- The dough should be placed in a greased bowl, covered with a moist cloth, and let rise for about an hour or until it has doubled.
Guideline Greek Pizza Recipe Step-by-Step
Here are the easy and simple steps to make Greek pizza at home:
1: Prepare The Tzatziki Sauce
- Make the tzatziki sauce while the dough is rising.
- Combine Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, and dill in a bowl.
- To taste, add salt and pepper to the food. Keep chilled until required.
2: Preheat The Oven
- Preheat the oven to 475°F (245°C). When the oven is heated up, put a pizza stone in there if you have one.
3: Roll Out The Dough
- After the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into two equal sections.
- Each serving should be rolled out to a thickness of about 1/4 inch on a floured surface into your choice’s round or rectangular pizza shape.
4: Assemble The Pizza
- Spread out the dough on a baking sheet or pizza peel that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Generously spread tzatziki sauce over the pizza dough.
- Evenly scatter half of the crumbled feta cheese over the tzatziki sauce.
- Add chopped spinach, red onions, diced tomatoes, and sliced olives.
- Then, top with the remaining feta cheese and oregano.
5: Bake The Pizza
- If you’re using a pizza stone, place the pizza (on parchment paper) carefully on the preheated stone in the oven. Use a baking sheet and just put it in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the toppings are bubbling and just beginning to brown.
6: Serve The Greek Pizza
- After removing the pizza from the oven, drizzle it with olive oil.
- Slice the hot Greek pizza and serve it. Add extra fresh oregano or a dollop of tzatziki sauce as a garnish if you like.
Enjoy the mouthwatering flavours of your homemade Greek pizza!
How to Make Greek Yogurt Pizza Dough?
The following is the recipe for making Greek yogurt pizza dough:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- With a baking sheet or pizza stone inside, preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Mix Greek yogurt, flour, baking powder, and salt until a dough forms.
- Briefly knead the dough on a surface dusted with flour until it is smooth.
- Roll out the dough to your required thickness.
- Put your preferred pizza toppings.
- Put some olive oil on the dough.
- Place the dough on the hot stone or sheet while using parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
Enjoy your homemade Greek yogurt pizza’s unique, light and slightly tangy crust!
Learning “how to make Greek pizza?” using this homemade Greek-style pizza recipe can be a satisfying culinary experience.
You can make a pizza that tantalizes your taste buds and directly brings the essence of Greece to your dining table by combining the rich flavours of Mediterranean cuisine with your creativity and love for cooking.
Get started and make your Greek pizza with our top recipes now!
Greek pizza is a type of pizza that is Greek in origin.
Pizza created in the Greek style has a thicker, chewier dough and unique toppings that are frequently used in Greek cuisine.
Greek pizza often includes feta cheese, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, onions, and sometimes gyro meat or spinach as toppings.
Make Greek yogurt pizza dough by substituting some of the water or milk in your recipe for pizza dough with Greek yogurt for more flavour and moisture.
Italians are the ones who created pizza as we know it, but other cultures, especially the Greeks, have their take on flatbreads with toppings.
Use a standard pizza dough recipe to make Greek pizza dough, and consider including Greek yogurt for a unique twist.
The number of calories in a small cheese Greek-style pizza can vary, but it usually has between 190 and 200 calories per slice.
The lovely people of Greece’s Kimolos island created the ancient Greek pizza known as Ladenia Kimolou.
Although it’s difficult to say what exactly makes Greek pizza best, many people adore the flavours that feta cheese, olives, and other Mediterranean ingredients bring together.
Prepare pizza dough, cover it with Greek-inspired toppings like feta, olives, and tomatoes, and bake until it turns golden brown to make a Greek pizza recipe.
Like conventional pizza dough, the Greek yogurt crust must bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 450°F (232°C).
Greek pizza’s best meat options include gyro meat and grilled chicken.
Feta cheese, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, red onions, and sometimes spinach or gyro meat are common toppings on Greek pizza.
Grotto’s pizza Greek dressing includes olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, and sometimes Dijon mustard.
Greek pizza is unique because of its special toppings, frequently found in Greek food, like feta cheese and Kalamata olives.
Greek pizza is made of pizza crust, tomato sauce, cheese (often feta), and other toppings, including olives, tomatoes, and onions.
No, pizza with pineapple is not commonly referred to as Greek pizza. Hawaiian or American-style pizza is often connected to it.